August 18 – September 22
FREE BIKE is the most fun on a bike you can have in Seattle to close out the summer!
FREE BIKE is crowdsourced, DIY celebration of bicycling in Seattle with bike rides and activities organized by you and everyone. All people are encouraged to create their own fun rides, parties and events in celebration of bicycling and post their activities right here to recruit people to join them.
- This event has passed.
Bike for Parks and Brews 🍺🚲
September 9, 2017Free
Along the Burke-Gilman Trail, the Wayne Golf Course is an 89-acre island of green in the heart of Bothell, graced by the Sammamish River. Forterra saved Wayne from development, with a vision to permanently preserve the area for community benefit, public access, and wildlife habitat. Bike with us to the Wayne Golf Course as we envision its future as a park!
We’ll start at Miir Flagship in Fremont, bike along the Burke-Gilman Trail, and when we reach the Wayne Golf Course, we’ll explore and have BYO-Picnic lunch. After, we’ll bike back to end at Fremont Brewing to cheers to the future of the park and a good day with some local hops!
9:15 – Meet at Miir (Fremont)
9:30 am – Bike to Wayne Golf Course (Bothell) along the Burke-Gilman Trail (Map – 15 miles)
11:30 am – Tour the golf course
12:15 pm – BYO-Picnic lunch
1:00 pm – Bike to Fremont Brewing (Map – 15 miles)
2:30 pm – Happy hour begins
Required for bikers:
- Bike (Need to rent? Contact Recycled Cycles)
- BYO-Picnic lunch
- Bike lock
- Pocket change for coffee at MiiR and happy hour at Fremont Brewing
- Fun with a bike: The bike is only a tool to greater happiness. You’re encouraged to host events that aren’t “about the bike” but are cooler because a bike is incidentally involved.
- Liability: We’re just a calendar for you to advertise your event. You’re responsible for the participants on your own ride/activity. If you want to cover your liability concerns, adapt & use the League of American Bicyclists ride waiver.
- Plan ahead: Here’s a comic to help you out.