August 18 – September 22
FREE BIKE is the most fun on a bike you can have in Seattle to close out the summer!
FREE BIKE is crowdsourced, DIY celebration of bicycling in Seattle with bike rides and activities organized by you and everyone. All people are encouraged to create their own fun rides, parties and events in celebration of bicycling and post their activities right here to recruit people to join them.
- This event has passed.
2017 Labor Day Cyclocross Championships
September 4, 2017 @ 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
Entry fee: – Men/Women $25, Beginner race $15 all juniors $5,(cash or check)
Military (active, reserve, retired) and their dependents entry fee $15 Men/Women, $8 Men/Women Beginner race, $3 juniors
Racing more than once? There is no cost to race multiple races but register one time on Bikereg.com and then register for the other races on race day so that you aren’t double charged
(Military personnel discount – If you register on Bikereg.com you need to pay full price. You will be refunded the difference when you present your ID at the event.)
Registration: Day of race registration opens at 8 a.m. (Mtn. bikes without forward pointing bar ends are permitted)
Download, complete and bring accident waiver cut/paste https://db.tt/4RtnMnn9
Prizes/Awards: Medals– 3 deep & Prizes
RaceSchedule (subject to change)
9:00a.m. – Cat 4 Masters Men 35+, 45+, (55+ all cataories)
10:00 a.m. – Cat 4 Men, Cat 4 Women
11:00 a.m. – Cat 3 Masters Men 35+, 45+ Women Cat 1/2, 3, Masters
12:00 p.m. – Beginner Men/ Women, Kids Race (under 9) – short course, junior Boys & Girls (13-15),junior Boys & Girls (10-12) – full course
1:00 p.m. – Cat 3 Men, Single Speed (Men) & Single Spped (Women), Elite Junior (Men/Women)
2:00 p.m. – Cat 1/2 Men, Masters Men 1/2 35+, 45+
Course Description: A fast course that got rave reviews in 2014.
Directions: (As reference a bit closer to Seattle thanFort Steilacoom.)
Most direct route -On I-5,take exit 119 (near Dupont, WA). Take ramp toward Steilacoom-Dupont Rd. Turnnorth onto Barksdale Ave, and then immediately turn right ontoDupont-Steilacoom Rd. (watch your speed) Go approximately 3.6 miles and turnright on East Drive. Go approximately .4 miles. Turn left on the gravel roadjust before you reach N Gate Rd. You will see parking areas about .5 milesafter entry.
Faster from Seattle but more turns – On I-5, take exit 124(Gravelly Lake exit) and turn right. Stay left at the Y and continue to Washington Blvd SW. Turn left and continue until you reach Edgewood Ave SW.Turn left and then a right onto North Gate road SW/Huggins MeyerRd SW. Turn right onto East Dr. and then right onto the dirt road. You will seeparking areas about .5 miles after entry.
Questions: Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Facebook page – http://www.facebook.com/events/419043048130899/
Follow at Twitter.com/LaborDayCX
Additional race information
· This is not a USA Cycling event but we abide by the majorityof their rules, the final decision on any matter is up to the promoters.
· Course location is not open to public use prior to race day.
· Pre-riding the course is allowed when the race is not going on and one minute after the last place rider has crossed the finish line beginning their last lap, DO NOT PASS THIS RIDER.
· Use course crossings
· Do not cross the finish line if you are not racing
· Team area rules: Maximum 1 vehicle plus trailers in the team areas, no setting up team areas elsewhere.
· Dogs/pets – leave at home with ample food, water and remotecontrol. If they must come with you they need to be on a leash or in your armsat all times.
- Fun with a bike: The bike is only a tool to greater happiness. You’re encouraged to host events that aren’t “about the bike” but are cooler because a bike is incidentally involved.
- Liability: We’re just a calendar for you to advertise your event. You’re responsible for the participants on your own ride/activity. If you want to cover your liability concerns, adapt & use the League of American Bicyclists ride waiver.
- Plan ahead: Here’s a comic to help you out.